[audacity4blind] silence problem solved

  • From: Mike Bernard <mbern6516@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:33:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hey everybody,
I think I may have found a way around that silence issue I was experiencing last night, and this method may help some of you too. What I did was, open the first file of my project as a single file in the normal manner, moved the cursor to the end of the audio manually with the right arrow and/or by using the end key and then placing a left cursor at the point where the audio stops. Next, I opened the second file in a separate window, selected the entire file with control A and copied it to the clipboard. Next, I alt-tabbed back to the first file where I had placed the left marker and pressed control V to paste it, and then pressed home to remove the cursor. I've found out, that by doing this, it has the effect of extending the file in such a way that when you save it, Audacity won't even give you the warning about the files mixing together. It sees the file as one long file. I just tried the method I just described above, and it worked like a charm.
Mike
Rochester, NY.