[audacity4blind] Re: selecting individual tracks

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:46:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bob,

You wrote:
thanks! Your plug-in sounds doable by me; but I don't have a timer in
seconds. How does one pin point the exact time to start the extraction, and to end it?

David: It's guesswork. After applying the effect, listen to the result, if you don't like it, undo the effect (control+z) and re-apply the effect but with different start and/or end times. My understanding from your previous post was that you had digitized a bunch of tunes from an lp but only wanted to save a select few.

Do your comments below mean you'd like me to send the plug-in? I need to simplify it before I do.

As a side note, you can also stop recording by hitting the space bar.

David >

Bob:
Possibly my current method is easier. Namely, put the needle down on the LP a few seconds before pressing R in Audacity just as the piece begins, and pressing S when it stops. Unless, of course, I want three or four different songs from the same side!

Yes, I think I can handle that much; but keep the words simple!  (smile)

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>