[audacity4blind] Re: scrubbing in 2.1.1?

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:33:38 +0100

I think that scrubbing could be made accessible and could be a useful
feature for blind users. For example, if you are trying to locate the
exact start of a sound, then (if it were accessible) you could enter
into "scrub mode" and use keyboard shortcuts (such as left / right
cursor keys) to move the cursor, while Audacity plays the audio that
is at the cursor position (scrub play).

Steve

On 21 July 2015 at 09:16, David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Matt,
unfortunately the new scrubbing feature isn't accessible at the moment. I'm
not sure at the moment how useful this would be if it were made accessible,
or quite how to make it easily accessible.

David.

On Saturday, 18 July 2015, 17:50, Matt Turner <meturner2214@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, was wondering if the new scrubbing feature was accessible to screen
readers?