[audacity4blind] Re: removing audacity

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:52:22 +0100

Don't worry; if you already run the program's uninstaller and it told you that some folders couldn't be removed and that they can be removed manually, you can safely delete the Audacity folder from Programs. But i read from someone in the list that you wouldn't need to completely uninstall Audacity, if you don't want. Now you can delete that folder and install audacity's new version.

Às 09:59 de 07/10/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:

Hi.
There is a folder named audacity.
shall I just delete that folder?
I'm a Little afraid. If I do anything wrong here, I can't start the computer.
Or can I safely delete this?
/Kristoffer

First of all, go into Control Panel and go to remove programs. Thenremove
audacity and anything related to it. Then, locate the program files in the
hard drive. And delete all the folders relating to audacity from there.
Then, go into search in the start menu and type regedit. It will open up
the registry editor. Press control f to open the find box. Type in audacity
and press enter. Delete the key you find, and keep repeating the process
until it finds no more references to audacity.

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Oct 2015, at 08:10, Kristoffer Gustafsson <kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi.
I'm thinking about removing audacity and install it again and see if
the wasapi problem is still there.
How do I i install Everything? settings, folders etc?
It sais that some folders couldn't be removed.
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson
Salängsgatan 7a