[audacity4blind] Re: recording question

  • From: <rwiley46@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 06:58:03 -0500

Hi Don.
I’ll take a crack at answering your question, though this is just a guess.

The Audacity screen is a fairly busy screen, and, though it tries to keep up
with it, jaws really takes a sort of photo shot of the screen at one point
despite the fact that you have it in “say all” mode.

If this surmise is correct, the only way you can get a more reliable count
of the elapsed time is to refresh the screen with insert + escape. Even then
your information is not correct, it’s correct to your last “refresh screen”.

Like I say, this is just a guess, and maybe someone else can do better.

Thanks.
Bob