[audacity4blind] Re: recording from my turntable

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:05:47 -0500

Here is how to change the volume for the turntable.
Main new steps start on new lines.
Connect the turntable to the computer.
Open the system tray.
Find something that says speakers and gives you a number.
Right click it.  A menu opens.
Down arrow to recording devices and press enter.
Look through the list until you find the turntable.
Tab until you get to properties, then press enter.
Shift tab once.
Right arrow until you get to levels.
this is a slider. Left arrow to decrease the volume. Right arrow to increase. Once you have changed the volume, tab to the ok button and press the space bar. Tab around again until you find another ok button. Press the space bar. I believe you will now be completely out of the volume control dialog.
Try recording.
Continue to adjust the volume as desired or needed.

You said that your recording was a lot too loud. Try decreasing the volume quite a bit in your first attempt to find a good volume.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "randy tijerina" <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>