[audacity4blind] Re: recording from my turntable

  • From: randy tijerina <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:27:59 -0500

Gene, I appreciate your help.
I'm not exactly sure what settings to tweak....When I did a recording last time...it was loud enough and distorted enough to wake up the dead!.
I'll watch the action.
At 10:25 AM 3/17/2015, you wrote:
I'm not talking about the turntable itself. But when you use a USB turntable, Windows treats it as your currently active sound card. Also, settings for the player will be in the Windows Volume control when the turntable is plugged in because, as I said, Windows treats it as though it were a sound card.

I can check to see how setting JAWS to use your sound card is done but other list members very likely already know. If you don't get an answer in a reasonable time, I'll check.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "randy tijerina" <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>