[audacity4blind] recording computer sounds with audacity

  • From: "Mike Bernard" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mbern6516@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 21:15:14 -0500

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season and that 2015 brings all of
you love and happiness.

I've heard, that Audacity can be used to record not only our own voices, but
can also be used to record sounds coming directly from the computer, much
like the what you hear/stereo mix feature that comes with windows. Its
rather difficult to find the what you hear/stereo mix feature in windows
8.1, but I've heard somewhere, that even if the computer doesn't offer this
option, you can still do the very same thing, whith just audacity and the
adjusting of a few simple settings within the preferences area of Audacity.
Could someone who is familiar with doing this tell me how to record my
computer sounds? For example, if I were recording a tutorial and I wanted my
screen reader to also be recorded along with my voice, how do I turn this
option on and off in Audacity? Thanks.

Mike

Rochester, NY.