[audacity4blind] Re: recording both cites in skype conversations

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:07:35 +0100 (BST)

Hi Adrian,
If on the devices category of preferences you set the interface host to wasapi,
then you when you select a recording device, there are "loopback" versions of
your playback devices which you can use for recording.
Using one of these you can  record all the audio that is being sent to that
playback device.
This is great if your sound card doesn't provide "stereo mix" or the equivalent.
Both my jaws guide to audacity and the audacity manual cover this feature,