[audacity4blind] Re: recording both cites in skype conversations

  • From: "jim gamage" <james.gamage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 08:43:29 +0100

Hello,
The loop back tool is a great addition to the Audacity recording
possibilities, however, if you spend a bit of money and buy a hardware
mixer, you can have full control over the computer sound and microphone
levels, you can also have other devices plugged in such as MP3 players, tape
decks etc.
Of course your microphone is plugged into the mixer and, depending on the
mixer you buy, you can use XLR or jack inputs for this.
I have a modest Zepher mixer which cost me about £40 from Maplins, but
cheaper ones are available.
The line out and line in  on your soundcard are used for the job.
This is not such a good solution for laptops of course, because there is
usually no line out socket except by using a USB connection, those using a
laptop may have comments on this.

Best Regards, Jim.