[audacity4blind] Re: recording

  • From: "jim" <buckeyejim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:21:42 -0400

thank you David, tony, and others.

I have every thing working now, I appreciate all the advice and answers you all have gave me. I found the volume mixer dialog last night while searching for ways to turn jaws down without effecting my microphone, awesome way to do it. I did have to check, use this device in the properties dialog, I also did set my microphone volume at 100 percent. Also, I did not have to unplug my USB Bose speaker system as suggested yesterday.
every thing is working correctly now.
Again, thanks for this list and thanks for all your helpful answers.
I look forward to learning more about the effects and other extra tricks in recording on my computer.

Jim...

-----Original Message----- From: David Bailes
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:50 AM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: recording

Hi Jim,
You can adjust the microphone volume level on its properties dialog. This is the same dialog that includes the listen tab where you set the listen to this device check box. On the levels tab of this dialog, there's a volume slider. Alternatively, as Tony has already suggested, you could reduce the Jaws volume in the volume mixer dialog.

David.