[audacity4blind] Re: question about deleting part of a track, still learning!

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:53:19 -0600

That is not how you move the cursor in audacity.  It is also a very
inefficient way to move to where you want to work.  I did a presentation
on audacity and Mp3 Direct Cut for Accessible World's Tech Talk.  If you
want to learn the basics of editing and of working with audacity, listen
to the first part of the presentation, the part that deals with audacity.

Download it at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25812011/Audacity%20And%20Mp3%20Direct%20Cut.zip

The cursor does not move in audacity by playing a file.  It moves when you
move it.  Also, p toggles between pause and play.  It is not a play
command.  Space bar starts play and stops, not pauses, play.  All this is
discussed in my presentation.  If you don't start with a good basic
introduction to Audacity, you will waste lots of time unnecessarily.

Gene