[audacity4blind] Re: problem with libraries

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:25:21 +0100

Brad,

I have no idea what the "accessible audacity mac os x 1.3.1 disc image"
is, perhaps Leland's accessible version of Audacity? If so, that is 1.3.11.
You should not use any "1.3.1" version of Audacity.

Note that in Leland's "Accessible" directory I found a build of 1.3.14
alpha that he must have done when he submitted a Mac accessibility
patch for review in April. So why don't you and John Hess try that and
give some feedback:
http://www.audacity.homerow.net/index.php?dir=accessible%2F

The swh plug-ins are just a collection of 90 or so ladpsa plugins. They
do not affect Audacity functionality but they may make the Effect menu
hard to navigate.

You do not need FFmpeg when importing MP3 files. If you get a message
saying that you need FFmpeg, then you don't have an MP3. If you install
MediaInfo:
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Mac_OS

it will tell you what format the file really is.

If you decide to install FFmpeg to give support for extra formats, you
need to install a version of FFmpeg supplied by us. If you obtain 1.3.14
then install FFmpeg 0.6.2 here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/FAQ:Installation_and_Plug-Ins#macff

FFmpeg 0.6.2 is not compatible with 1.3.11. If you want to use 1.3.11,
you need this older version of FFmpeg:
http://www.audacity.homerow.net/cgi-bin/dl?ffmpeg/FFmpeg_20090729_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg

Gale