[audacity4blind] Re: playing with audiobooks

  • From: Arne <waschmasche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2011 22:15:50 +0200

Hello Brad,

concerning treble and bass, you can change that with the equalizer by selecting the whole track and using the Equalizer. JAWS should work fine with it, but some other screenreaders have trouble reading out the trackbars.

Concerning low sound quality of tape recordings, I cannot generally say how to improve sound. There is a noise reduction tool which explains step by step what parts of a recording to select (first noise, then parts to reduce noise), the other settings have no general recommendation, and I did not have yet success. There is also a Notch filter, I think on one of the NyQuist Plugin lists, that can remove single frequencies, but even there I had no success with. However, you could try if the equalizer can reduce sounds from the tape.
Rgds,
Arne