[audacity4blind] Re: panning

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:27:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gianluca,

I've attached a plug-in called panramp.ny . Copy and paste it into
your Audacity plug-ins folder, usually

c:\program files\audacity\plug-ins

and re-start Audacity. This plug-in will pan your _stereo_ audio in
a straight line, for example from left to right, center to left,
etc.

Instructions:

1. Load or create stereo audio in Audacity and select what you want
to apply ramp panning.

2. Open effects menu, click on "Panning (ramp)".

3. Set start and end pan positions. -10 is left, 0 is center, 10 is
right.

4. click on the okay button.

Note that if you start with different sounds in different pan
positions, this plug-in makes them sound mono first before applying
the ramp panning effect. Otherwise weird volume distortions may
result.

David

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Gianluca Nucci wrote:

Hi,

how do I move a sound, for example, from the center to the right channel or vice versa?

Gianluca
;nyquist plug-in

;version 1

;type process

;name "Panning (ramp)..."

;action "Applying ramp panning..."

;info "by David R. Sky\n-10 is left, 0 is center, 10 is right\nReleased under
terms of GNU Public License"

;control start "Start position" int "where" -10 -10 10

;control end "End position" int "where" 10 -10 10

; Ramp Panning by David R. Sky

; simplified to match Audacity 1.3.1 static pan positions

; from -10 left to 10 right pan positions

; Released under terms of the GNU Public License

; http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php

(defun pan-position (position)

(+ 0.5 (* 0.05 (float position))))

(defun pan2 (sound where)

   (vector (mult (aref sound 0) (sum 1 (mult -1 where)))

       (mult (aref sound 1) where)))

(pan2

; making any stereo signal sound mono

(vector

(sum (aref s 0) (aref s 1))

(sum (aref s 1) (aref s 0)))

(pwl 0 (pan-position start) 1 (pan-position end) 1))