[audacity4blind] Re: overlapping two tracks

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:31:28 +0200

Depending on how you want to handle it, I would just import both of them into
separate tracks, and then if necessary, use something like [ while playing to
start selection at a certain point, then stop playback, and go have a look at
where that point is, and then make sure music track is not selected, using
enter key to toggle selection in track listings, focus on/make sure second
track is selected, and then use something like time shifter effect to just
shift that second track to start where I'd want it, ctrl + A to select all
tracks, and space to listen again to make sure it was now aligned correctly,
etc. etc.

But, do see that on tracks menu, there's an align to sub-menu, and the one item
there is align to selection start/cursor, so should work in a pretty similar
fashion if you can move cursor to relevant position first - edit menu, move
cursor submenu, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker