[audacity4blind] Re: odd thing

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:41:26 -0700

Hi Don,

What version of the JAWS script are you using? What version of Windows? This will be hard for me to debug as I have a 64-bit machine now. I don't think importing settings will help in this case. The two main culprits are the function that detects whether focus is in the main window and the one that determines that no project is open. Do your cursor keys report "no project" in the track panel? When you press JAWSKey+h do you get the Audacity script help or the "default" JAWS hotkey help?

You can get the script version by pressing JAWSKey+h, but if that gives you the default JAWS help, try JAWSKey+Control+v, and of course let me know you didn't get the Audacity script help.

Thanks.

Gary

On 11/24/2016 2:55 AM, don wardlow wrote:

Hi all and happy Thanksgiving

I have the latest Audacity and JAWS 18 on two different computers.

On the desktop computer, a 32-byt computer, if I hit alt and delete while recording or playing Audacity will not_ tell me the elapsed time of the recording.

All it does is say “PC cursor active.” On that computer I have to go back to JAWS 17 to get the Alt-Delete keystrokes to give me the elapsed time.

Meantime, on a 64-byt laptop computer that pair of keystrokes does give me the elapsed time, which is vital to my recordings.

Does anybody know how I can make that combination work on the desktop computer which is where out of necessity I do most of my recording.

Don