[audacity4blind] nudging tracks in real time

  • From: "Orlando Enrique Fiol" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ofiol" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 00:32:23 -0400

Hi all.
I have recently found a second recording of an Indian music concert using a different soundboard audio master than the released version. But the soundboard is monaural and the released version is stereo. The soundboard recording on Youtube contains the entire concert, whereas the officially released version was somewhat redacted. I'dd like to sync both versions when applicable, but I need to bee able to move one of the versions forward or backward in relation to the other in real time, so I can insure a perfect synchronization. Of course, if there are any pitch discrepancies, I can tune both recordings. I'm also prepared not to have the officially released version during the parts of the performance that were not included.
Can I accomplish this kind of real-time nudging or scrubbing in order to line up both versions for a glorious audio experience?

Thanks,
Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@xxxxxxxxxxx

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line