[audacity4blind] Re: not working

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:10:32 -0500

First, make a test recording while Skipe isn't running.  See if you can
record your screen-reader while whatever you are using for a microphone
and earphone is plugged in.  We don't know what you are using for a
microphone and headphone.  Are  they USB devices or do they connect to the
1/8 inch jacks on your sound card.

Also, and I don't know this because I don't use Skipe, Skipe may have a
setting or settings that can override your sound card settings.  You may
find such a setting or settings if you look through appropriate menus and
dialogs in Skipe and you may be able to turn them off. But first, try the
test recording I discussed.  If you can't recpord your screen-reader, let
us know before you look for Skipe settings.  also, let us know your
version of Windows.

Gene