[audacity4blind] Re: newbie: how do I remove spurious noise

  • From: Scott Berry <scottbb1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:36:10 -0600

Hi Don,

You'll want to play the file and then place the left and right brackets around the crackling sound and then use the Click Removal. This is under Settings.

On 12/12/2011 12:43 PM, Don Raikes wrote:

Hello,

I have an audio file (wma format) recorded as a monophonic recording.

The file contains a harp and violin playing. Roughly 90 seconds into the recording there is a crackling noise similar to someone's opening a chip bag. I want to remove this little noise, but since I just got started with audacity today, I am nt sure how to do this.

Any tips would be appreciated.