[audacity4blind] Re: new audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 08:46:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Don,
The playback or recording position is shown by the audio position control on
the selection bar. You can get to this by pressing ctrl+f6 to move to the
selection bar, and tabbing till you reach the control. To return to the tracks,
press ctrl+f6 twice.
Note that the jaws script for audacity provides both a keystroke to read this
position, and a keystroke to read the state of audacity, that is
stop/record/record paused/etc. Perhaps someone else could give you details of
where to download this script if you're interested.

David.

On Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 0:03, don wardlow <wardlows97@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure.
I want to hear the time as I am recording, so if I hit “Pause,” I know it is
paused.

Don