[audacity4blind] Re: need help with editting a track

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:10:44 +0100

Please find attached a manual with all known commands for Audacity, written by David B ailes.

Às 13:56 de 09/09/2015, dacia.luck@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:

Hi, is there a way to tell how far into the file you are?
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 7:54 AM, Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the command to export a file is control plus shift plus e.
Best regards.

Às 13:40 de 09/09/2015, dacia.luck@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
OK, how do I export the file

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 9, 2015, at 4:52 AM, Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Much more concise than I was going to write. Keep in mind that if you have
opened an mp3 file in Audacity you are no longer working with the original;
you now have an Audacity project. To send the abridged mp3 file to someone,
you will have to export to mp3 from the File Menu.

Andrew

On 9/09/2015 6:59 PM, Vitor Ferreira wrote:
Hi.

1: Select the track with the enter key.

2: Start playing the file, and while doing that, move the cursor forward with
shift and period, and backwords with shift coma.

3: When you reach the point you want, position the cursor there with shift a.

4: Press shift j to select from cursor to beginning of the file, or shift k to
select from cursor to the end of the file and press delet to erase the part you
don't want.

5: Save the result.
Hope that helps.

Vitor Ferreira

Às 02:09 de 09/09/2015, Dacia Cole escreveu:
Hi,

I'm new to Audacity. I have a file and want to cut a part of a
recorded file and send only that portion to someone. Can someone
please give me keyboard commands on how to do this? I have JAWS 16
and am using a windows 8.1 laptop. The file is an mp3 file.

thanks,

Dacia

Vitor Ferreira

Vitor Ferreira