[audacity4blind] Re: mixing two audio files

  • From: "Mike Bernard" <mbern6516@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:39:04 -0500

Hi Robby,

Could you explain how to use the audo duck feature in step-by-step
instructions? I looked at the built-in manual that comes with Audacity, and
like many articles we find online that explain how to do something, they're
assuming that the user is using a mouse, and I'm not able to use the mouse.
I'm hoping to create a recording that simulates a radio broadcast like
sound. Whereas, at the beginning, there's approximately 15 seconds of
instrumental music, then at the point where the narration would begin, the
music will fade down but continue to play at a comfortable level so that it
doesn't get in the way of the voice track. Thus, allowing the listener to
hear both the music and voice track. Then, when the voice track ends, the
music will fade back up and play for a few seconds, then fade out. Thanks.

Mike

Rochester, NY. USA