[audacity4blind] Re: mixing tracks

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:05:51 -0800

OK so you want the sound to stop, add your commentary, sound to
start for awhile then stop so you can add more commentary.

Well then, you probably have to do this in sections.  Meaning
cut up your sound file into smaller WAV or MP3 files.

Pull the first WAV or MP3 sound section in, then go to the end
of the sound section.  Record your commentary, then go to the
end of it.  Then pull your second sound section in and go to the
end of it to do your second commentary.  Do this until all sound
and commentary is done.

When you export it, Audacity will make it into one MP3 or Wav
file.

I think this would be the easiest way when using JAWs.

As a sighted person, I would simply record, copy it and then go
to the sound section and place my cursor where I wanted the
commentary and paste it there.  Not sure if you can do this as I
don't know what you're hearing with Jaws and Audacity.

Judith
______________

Hi Scott and Judith,

Many thanks for your responses.  Let me explain what I am trying
to do.  I
have a contiguous segment of sound.  Let us say that this is
track 1. about
two seconds after the segment begins, I want to add some
commentary.  Then,
the sound segment should play some more and, a little later, I
would like to
add some more commentary.  So far, I have been able to achieve
the
following.

I have been able to import both soundtracks into odyssey.  At
the moment,
track one plays first and then track 2 is played.  This is not
what I want.
Using the analogy of a wordprocessor, assuming that track 1 is a
paragraph,
I would like to insert some more words at different points of
this
paragraph.

How do I do this?

Pranav