[audacity4blind] Re: maybe off topic but relevant? Re: monitoring your projects using USB interface

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 07:31:28 -0500

I keep things simple and inexpensive.  I am not producing professional
quality material.  I am producing material that sounds reasonably good
without spending much money on equipment.  I am using a Radio Shack lapel
computer microphone.  I am not using a USB microphone.  when I want to add
material such as a screen-reader speaking, I record it using the what you
hear equivalent feature of my sound card.  I don't use a microphone to
record the output of the screen-reader nor anything else except my voice.

I don't know enough about the topic of microphones to tell you whether USB
microphones have any advantages but I doubt  that they do or that they are
meaningful. they may introduce complications you don't have to deal with
if you don't use them.  I can play my nonUSB microphone through my sound
card if I wish with no audible latency.

Depending on the level of knowledge on the list regarding microphones, if
it isn't adequate to answer your questions, you may have to look for some
sort of discussion forum or another e-mail list not dealing with audacity
but rather with equipment.

Since I don't know how good sound you want from a microphone and since I
haven't looked into various microphones, I can't advise you on that
subject.

Gene