[audacity4blind] Re: making audiodemonstrations

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:24:09 +0100

Hello.

In case you don't have a mixer, you will have to do more or less the same you used to do with windows xp, but most of it can be configured in Audacity.

The problem is that your microphone
must play back on your output device to be recorded together with the screen reader. Now these are the steps:

1: Launch Audacity and press shift h to go to the host device dialog. Choose Windows Wasapi and press enter.

2: Press shift i to go to the input devices dialog and chose your speakers loopback. Press enter.

3: Go to windows sound settings. Look for your microphone and tab to the propertys dialog. There check the box that sais listen to this device. Tab to the apply button, press enter and off you go.

Unfortunatly, using windows 7 and above's sound settings, there will be latency in most cases.

Alternatively, you can use an external audio recorder that records in wav or mp3, such as the Victor Reader Stream, Plextalk, the zooms or the Olympus.
You will depend on the external recorder's quality, but if your voice and screen reader sound balanced and understandable, you can make a good presentation.Best regards.

Vitor

Às 09:11 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:

Hi.
I would like to be able to make audio demonstrations.
for example demonstrating audio games.
Any suggestion of how I shall do this?
it was possible in windows xp, but not any more.
In xp I just selected to listen to the microphone and that Went perfect.
But I can't do this in win 7 because I get very much latency.
Any suggestion how I shall solve this?
It seems like I have to buy some kind of hardware for this, but what?
I'm using a laptop. hp probook 650
/Kristoffer

--
Vitor Ferreira