[audacity4blind] Re: making audiodemonstrations

  • From: Kristoffer Gustafsson <kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:02:16 +0200

Hi.
I've just got a normal headset connected to the computer.
In win xp I just selected listen to this device in the sound properties.
Then I just recorded what you hear.
But when I do this in win 7 it will not be good.
I get very much delays.
When I speak and when I hear my self I get very loud echos.
Should I buy some kind of hardware to be able to record my audio demos?
I also like to sing and to record that.
/Kristoffer

Hi Kristoffer,
can you give me a few more details:
1. Has your microphone a jack plug, or is it a usb microphone?
2. Are you recording the audio games first, then adding your voice as
another track, or are you trying to record them at the same time?
3. What settings did you adjust in windows xp to record the microphone?
4. What settings did you adjust in windows 7 to record the microphone.

David.

On Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:12, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I would like to be able to make audio demonstrations.
for example demonstrating audio games.
Any suggestion of how I shall do this?
it was possible in windows xp, but not any more.
In xp I just selected to listen to the microphone and that Went perfect.
But I can't do this in win 7 because I get very much latency.
Any suggestion how I shall solve this?
It seems like I have to buy some kind of hardware for this, but what?
I'm using a laptop. hp probook 650
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson