[audacity4blind] Re: making audiodemonstrations

  • From: Gary Campbell <campg2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 10:38:59 -0600

I tried this on XP a while ago. I was trying to demonstrate a MP3 player/recorder which I had on line in. As I remember I could get JAWS and the microphone, but I could never get line in, so I had to record the player and then do my voice afterwards. It would have been so much easier to do the narration and player at the same time. Should I have been able to do this? (Actually if I remember right I didn't need to record JAWS.) I'd love to have a mixer but can't justify the expense for "playing around"!

Thanks.

Gary

On 9/24/2015 8:44 AM, Vitor Ferreira wrote:

Hello.

You seem to know how you should configure windows 7 sound settings, but Audacity has a special feature that can help you.

These are the steps:

1: Launch Audacity and press shift h, to go to the host device dialog. Choose windows wasapi and press enter.

2: Press shift I to go to the input devices dialog and choose your microphones loopback. Press enter.

3: Go to windows 7 sound settings and look for recording devices and microphone. Tab to it's propertys dialog and check the box that sais listen to this device. Tab to the apply button, press enter and off you go.

Unfortunatly, latency will always be there, nomatter what sound card you use; it's a system's issue, as far as i'm concerned.

Alternatively, if you want to buy some hardware, you may buy an external digital audio recorder. There are quite a lot of models and prices, and you don't need to spend a lot of money. Sony, Zoom, Olympus, are just 3 of many makes you can choose from.

Most of these recorders have either an external microphone built in, or a microphone socket wher you can plug in your microphone.

You can use the external recorder to record your presentation and edit it in Audacity if you wish, because most of these machines record in wav or mp3.

If your voice and screen reader feat balanced and clear, then the presentation will sound good. Best regards.

Vitor

Às 09:11 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:
Hi.
I would like to be able to make audio demonstrations.
for example demonstrating audio games.
Any suggestion of how I shall do this?
it was possible in windows xp, but not any more.
In xp I just selected to listen to the microphone and that Went perfect.
But I can't do this in win 7 because I get very much latency.
Any suggestion how I shall solve this?
It seems like I have to buy some kind of hardware for this, but what?
I'm using a laptop. hp probook 650
/Kristoffer