[audacity4blind] Re: making audiodemonstrations

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:27:45 +0100

add me on skype or on twitter:

skype: vitorvv10

twitter: @vferre00

Às 16:36 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:

Hi.
That would be nice.
I want to know more about it. what it can do, what it can't do etc.
/Kristoffer

I have no complaints. Behringer have also a nice podcasting kit that
comes with a mixer and a simple USB audio interface to plug the mixer.
The kit costs under 100 euros, also comes with headphones, a microphone,
the Behringer Ultravoice XM8500, a small mike stand and a cd/dvd with
Audacity as well as other software.
I can give you more details off list.

Às 16:04 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:
Hi.
but if I want to buy some hardware for the computer.
I've looked at Behringer.
is that good?
/Kristoffer

I have a Behringer Xenix QX1202 USB. It costed me about 120 euros. It
has a nice built in effects processor and a 48 v phantom power for
condenser microphones.

Às 15:13 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:
Hi.
I was thinking about buying a mixer hardware so that I would be able to
do
this.
can you recommend something that is good?
/Kristoffer

Hello.

Unless you have a mixer, to be able to record an audio demonstration
in
Audacity that will include the sound of your screen reader and your
voice, you will have to listen to the microphone in your input devices
loopback.
This applies to windows 7 and above.
Imagine you want to use your microphone and your screen reader to
demonstrate a game.
So these are the steps:

1: Launch Audacity and press shift h to get to the host device dialog
and choose windows wasapi. Press enter.
2: Press shift plus i to select the imput device and choose your
microphone loopbac. Press enter.
3: Go to the sound settings and to the recording tab. There, find your
microphone and tab to its properties.

4: In the microphone properties dialog, check the box that says listen
to this device.
Tab to de apply button, press enter and off you go.

Unfortunatly, in most cases, using windows 7 and above's sound
settings,
there's no way to avoyd latency, as you mentioned. But it does not
interfere with the recording, although it's very confusing to listen
sometimes.

Best regards.

Às 09:11 de 24/09/2015, Kristoffer Gustafsson escreveu:
Hi.
I would like to be able to make audio demonstrations.
for example demonstrating audio games.
Any suggestion of how I shall do this?
it was possible in windows xp, but not any more.
In xp I just selected to listen to the microphone and that Went
perfect.
But I can't do this in win 7 because I get very much latency.
Any suggestion how I shall solve this?
It seems like I have to buy some kind of hardware for this, but what?
I'm using a laptop. hp probook 650
/Kristoffer

--
Vitor Ferreira