[audacity4blind] Re: making audiodemonstrations

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:40:49 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Kristoffer,
Yes, this something you can record. In audacity, set the audio host to Windows
WASAPI, and the recording device to speakers/headphones (loopback).

David.

On Thursday, 24 September 2015, 14:25, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
but is that something you can record?
I've tried it with a usb soundcard, and that worked.
Also I've tried it on Another laptop, and that worked with the idt
sound chip i had.
The laptop I have now doesn't support this.
/Kristoffer

Hi Kristoffer,
it sounds like that you've gone to the microphone's property dialog, and on
the listen tab, you've checked the listen to this device check box. This
adds the microphone to the output using software, and there will be a
latency problem if you use this.

However, there is an equivalent way to the way you were doing it in windows
xp, as long as your sound chip supports it. You may have already tried this,
but in case you haven't, here are some instructions:
1. In the sound dialog, go to the playback page, and open the properties
dialog of the speakers/headphones which you are using.
2. On the levels page of this dialog, then after a slider, mute check box
and balance button for the output, you will hopefully find sets of these
three controls for various inputs. I've got a desktop computer, and have
inputs such are rear pink in, and so on. For the input which your microphone
is inserted, set the slider to 100% and the mute check box to not checked.

David.

On Thursday, 24 September 2015, 13:02, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I've just got a normal headset connected to the computer.
In win xp I just selected listen to this device in the sound properties.
Then I just recorded what you hear.
But when I do this in win 7 it will not be good.
I get very much delays.
When I speak and when I hear my self I get very loud echos.
Should I buy some kind of hardware to be able to record my audio demos?
I also like to sing and to record that.
/Kristoffer

Hi Kristoffer,
can you give me a few more details:
1. Has your microphone a jack plug, or is it a usb microphone?
2. Are you recording the audio games first, then adding your voice as
another track, or are you trying to record them at the same time?
3. What settings did you adjust in windows xp to record the microphone?
4. What settings did you adjust in windows 7 to record the microphone.

David.

On Thursday, 24 September 2015, 9:12, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<kg.kristoffer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
I would like to be able to make audio demonstrations.
for example demonstrating audio games.
Any suggestion of how I shall do this?
it was possible in windows xp, but not any more.
In xp I just selected to listen to the microphone and that Went perfect.
But I can't do this in win 7 because I get very much latency.
Any suggestion how I shall solve this?
It seems like I have to buy some kind of hardware for this, but what?
I'm using a laptop. hp probook 650
/Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Gustafsson