[audacity4blind] Re: itializing Audio Error When Starting Up Audacity

  • From: Jessica Allen <jma.allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:15:43 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 9/4/14, David Van Der Molen <dvm975@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [audacity4blind] itializing Audio Error When Starting Up Audacity
 To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wednesday, 9 April, 2014, 3:03

 I sure hope someone can help me out
 with this one, because I'm really stuck.

 I recently bought a new desktop running Windows 8.1.
 I've installed
 Audacity 2.05.

 When I open Audacity, I get the following error:
 "Error Initializing
 Audio Dialog.  Could not find any audio devices.
 You will not be able
 to record or play audio.  Internal audio port error."

 I'm using Jaws 15, along with an Alva BC640 braille
 display.  The
 default playback device is "Speakers, 2- AK4571."  My
 other choice
 seems to be "Speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio,
 Ready," but  I
 am having trouble figuring out how to make that one the
 default.  The
 Realtek was at one time the default, but the audio from Jaws
 would
 then come over my braille display's speakers, which I don't
 want.

 Is there a solution?

 Thanks!

 Dave

 I think a lot of people are having different problems with Audacity 2.5. Try
reinstalling the program that might fix it. If not, then it might be better for
the time being to use 2.0