[audacity4blind] Re: interference when starting Audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:20:13 +0100

Jim,

Is it the Realtek or SoundBlaster that is affected?

Could the problem be that the output volume of that card has
become higher?

If Audacity 2.0.4 changes the volume of the soundcard or
changes it to another input that is at another volume level,
that could be an explanation.

Another user has suggested that after installation of 2.0.4 over
2.0.3, Audacity changed the input source for their SoundBlaster
PCI soundcard:
http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?p=222213#p222213 .

Apparently this is a problem that is specific to the new
WDM-KS host added to Audacity 2.0.4. You cannot change
or remove WDM-KS support by resetting Preferences.

Gale