Could you be a bit more specific and use more words?
What do you mean by doubling the voice?
There are in general two ways:
- duplicating the recorded track and processing** it further.
- recording a secondary version of the vocal and optionally processing
** mandatory since 2 x original = original amplified by 6 dB.
The processing could be:
- delay (short, i.e. slap back, 40 to 110 ms)
- distortion (gives more harmonics)
- pitch shifting (very small or a whole fifth/octave)
and so on
2016-12-04 15:19 GMT+01:00, randy tijerina <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Friends, i'm a bumblinb idiot on this one.
I'd like to do some karaoke tracks....i've nearly given up on this
however, I'll give it a shot.
for example.......I'd like..to do things like..if
possible...double-track my vocals.....or whatever...it's driving me crazy!.
The audacity4blind web site is at
Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...
To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
with subject line