[audacity4blind] Re: how to record two tracks

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:02:21 +0100

| From Adrián Mena <adrianm7m@xxxxxxxxx>
| Fri, 15 Jul 2011 06:07:35 +0200
| Subject: [audacity4blind] how to record two tracks
> Hi guise sorry for bothering you so much, but the thing is that I want
> to record two tracks one with the music and the other with my voice,
> of course I use microphone and headphones, but the problem is that the
> first one , the music, is recording together  with the second one, my
> voice.  I red this is a good technique because I can edit the two
> tracks individually. Thank to all you people that have helped me out.

 Adrián,

It would seem you have your recording source set to "stereo mix"
or similar (for recording computer playback) instead of to microphone.

You will need to set the input to your microphone (in Device Toolbar in
1.3.13).

If you still have problems, please say what operating system you are
using (for example, Windows Vista).

Gale