[audacity4blind] Re: how to cross fade?

  • From: Marco Oros <marco.oros93@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 10:24:40 +0200

Hello people.

I don't know, how is It with Jaws, because I am using NVDA, but I have noticed, that clips are also spoken. I have created a key map, where I have added also clipping keyboard shortcuts.

But, I had to edit this map for My keyboard, because in Slovakia is different keyboard, than in United states.

Thank You for understanding.

Best regards

Marco Oros

Dňa 17. 4. 2021 o 0:28 Andrew Downie napísal(a):

Hi David

Re lining up the tracks ready for a cross fade, you are almost there.  You do not want to align end to end, but to Start to Cursor/Selection Start.  Having separated your material into two tracks, with the portion to be faded in on the second track, here are the steps:

 1. Deselect track 2 and select track 1
 2. Place the cursor at the point on track 1 where you want the fade
    in to start
 3. Deselect track 1
 4. Arrow down to track 2 and select it
 5. From the Tracks Menu open the Align Tracks submenu
 6. Arrow down to Start to Cursor/Selection Start and press Enter
 7. Celebrate the magic

Andrew