[audacity4blind] hearing ripped files

  • From: "Robert Smith" <rrrsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:11:04 -0700

Hello list,

I am not very advanced in this sort of thing, so hope you will be
understanding.  I can rip music from my cassettes; and it then can be played on
the computer.  I believe the default player is winamp.  I have tried to do a
little editing by using Audacity, but am having troubles.  I enter Audacity,
choose open, select the file I want, and enter; but it won't play, although I
hear the percentages as it is exported or imported whichever it is.  This means
that I can't make any meaningful use of the Effects menu.  Mostly my problem
that I want to solve is boosting up the volume.  I was told that using
"normalize" might do that; but if you can't hear anything you don't know what's
going on.  Can anyone tell me in simple language what's going on, or what needs
changing?  Thanks!

Bob S.