[audacity4blind] Re: getting started with podcasting

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:22:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Don,
just to point out that an alternative to first recording the jaws track, and
then to record the narrative track is to record them in the same track.
To record Jaws you need to set the input to "what you hear" or "stereo mix" or
something along those lines. If you have a microphone which plugs into your
soundcard, rather than a usb microphone, then you might be able to set the
sound card so that it plays the microphone out to the output (hardware
playthough), so that you can record jaws and your voice at the same time. The
details of setting the hardware playthrough depend on the version of windows
you're using. If you want to try this, and need help with the settings, then
let me know.

David.