[audacity4blind] Re: from tape to digital

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:43:44 +0100

| From "don wardlow" <wardlows97@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:49:42 -0400
| Subject: from tape to digital
> I have Windows 7. No idea which Audacity, whatever the latest one is.
> I do have a 1/8-inch jack OK, and it's called line in.
> Never used it successfully with the new computer.

You can check your Audacity version at Help > About Audacity.
You want a version that starts with a "2".

Have you looked in Audacity Preferences (CTRL + P),  then
Devices pane at the top of the tree, to see if line-in is listed
in the recording devices? If so, select it then OK.

If line-in is not listed, you will have to go into "Sound" in the
Windows Control Panel to enable line-in and any other disabled
inputs. Read here how to do that:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#vistacp .

Gale