[audacity4blind] Re: find zero crossing

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:05:06 GMT

| From "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
| Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:25:02 +0700
| Subject: find zero crossing
> So we just press that and export?

After using Find Zero Crossings, the selection boundaries should
be at a zero sample (absolute silence) for mono tracks.

For stereo tracks the boundary of one channel (left or right) may
not be at absolute silence because the zero point could be
different in the left channel than in the right.

Find Zero Crossings should be used when pasting as well as
when cutting.

This should give some explanation:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/FAQ:Editing#clicks .

So for the simple task of making a selection that you intend to
export, adjusting the selection, z then File > Export Selection
should always be fine for mono tracks. Find Zero Crossings
only moves the selection an inaudible length (so a selection
starting on a drum beat still sounds as if it starts there) but it
helps prevent clicks.

For stereo tracks you may have to experiment more with the
selection and edit points.

Gale