[audacity4blind] editing question

  • From: Jennifer Bose <jen10514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:58:49 -0400

Hi, listers.

I have a question about editing a recording.

If I'm using Audacity with JAWS and I've recorded myself reading a few
pages of something, for example, how do I go back and edit out the
page turns? The way I thought it worked with keyboard commands was to
get to the place where you hear the page-turn, pause the recording,
put a left-bracket in front of that sound, pause again after the sound
and put a right-bracket on the other side, then press Control-X to cut
out the bracketed area. What seems to happen, though, when I try that
is that I lose everything before the tiny area I bracketed off, even
though all I selected was a second's worth of recording. Please tell
me what to do differently.

Thanks.

Jen