[audacity4blind] Re: editing problems

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 09:13:42 -0400

Good to know this, but what happens if you press left square bracket during playback, anything?

Rich De Steno

On 5/9/2014 5:13 AM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Rich,
if you press right bracket during playback, this selects a time range from the cursor to that point. So if the cursor is initially at the start of the audio, you start playback, press right bracket, and then stop, this will select a time range from the beginning of the audio to where you pressed right bracket. There's no need then to have to press shift+j, since the start of the selection is already at the start of the audio.

David.

On Thursday, 8 May 2014, 16:36, Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Make sure the track is selected. Then put a right square bracket like this, ], at the end of the section to be deleted. Then press shift-j. This will select from the beginning of the recording to the right square bracket. Then press the delete key and wait a few seconds. Then press j or the home key and then the space bar to listen.
Rich De Steno
On 5/8/2014 10:34 AM, Ron wrote:
Hi all.
Recorded a 4 hour track and can't seem to edit it.
I'm trying to cut out the first few minutes of the recording, and pressing the [ where I want it to start then doing J and delete usually works. However, after pressing Shift and j the track goes back to the beginning.
Can someone please advise?
Many thanks.
Ron