[audacity4blind] Re: doing Auto-tune without visual GSnap

  • From: "Stan Bobbitt" <sbobbitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 00:41:42 -0400

You are using this in a windows environment?

-----Original Message----- From: Tyler
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 7:45 PM
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] Re: doing Auto-tune without visual GSnap

I changed my mind; AutoTalent is working for me; the language is easier to understand than Gsnap.
It uses basic newbie language, which I like.
Tyler Z
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:57:28 +0000 (UTC), David Bailes wrote:

Hi Tyler,
for VST effects you can display them in a basic text mode rather than a
graphical mode. To do this, in the effects category of audacity preferences,
uncheck the "display VST effects in Graphical mode check box.

In gsnap, most of the options are set using sliders. Screen readers read the value after the name of the value, for example min freq 82 hz. If you change the value by adjusting the slider, then using Jaws, to hear the new frequency in Hz you have to tab away from the control and then back to it. If you read
the value of the current control using insert+up arrow it reads the wrong
value. (If you're using NVDA, then insert+up arrow reads the correct value.)

David.

On Thursday, 23 October 2014, 20:54, "programmer651@xxxxxxxxxxx"
<programmer651@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I decided to look up how to do Auto-tune with Audacity, and it recommended
GSnap. However, when I launched GSnap, it had the most visual pitch-correction
mechanism ever; I might as well have downloaded a typical Windows Auto-tune
application. Is there any JAWS accessible Auto-tune type pitch correction
system?
Tyler Z