[audacity4blind] dealing with three channel audio files in audacity

  • From: Mohamed Al-Hajamy <malhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 04:59:15 -0400

I have recently been converting mod files in to ogg, for use in game mods etc. An issue I am running in to, however, is that often the mods use 3 channel surround sound output, which gets transfered in to the ogg file. The issue is that Audacity sometimes doesn't handle them them properly, and tries to mix them down to mono. Is there anything anything I could do to get the stereo effects from the mod back?
Thanks.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line