[audacity4blind] Re: cutting out certain parts of a recording

  • From: Rich De Steno <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:03:35 -0500

When listening to the file, press P for pause when you reach the beginning of the section you want to delete. Then press the left square bracket and then the space bar. Press the space bar again to resume play and press P again when you reach the end of the the desired section. Then press the right square bracket and then the space bar. You now have the section bracketed. You can press C to hear how it it would sound with the section deleted and press the delete key to delete the section.

Rich De Steno

On 2/6/2013 1:03 PM, Kimsan wrote:

Hello:

I have jeans tutorial but I am on bit of a time crunch so I hope someone can provide quitck tips?

I recorded this test file, but I am wanting to remove certain parts of the recording which isn't necessary to be there. Let me provide a stupid example.

There is a 20 minute recording, in the twenty minutes, I am wanting to remove 5 minutes of the recording because lets say, I forgot to turn off the recorder while I was waiting to record the next part.

Any help will be appreciated,

Cordially,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@xxxxxxx