[audacity4blind] Re: crossfade in and out features

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 17:17:06 +1000

For use with a screen reader I would not use the /Cross Fade Clips effect, as clips and screen readers don't get on terribly well. I use Cross Fade Tracks, which works very well once you understand how to line up the tracks. From the Tracks Menu, use Align Tracks to position the beginning of the track you want to fade in at a suitable distance before the end of the one you want to fade out. The distance will depend on material and your judgement. Then apply the Cross Fade Tracks effect. You get options as to the type of fade.

I am talking about recent versions of Audacity. Earlier versions had a cross fade feature which did, well, I never did understand what but it didn't cross fade.

If the above is not clear, ask more questions. I can put a sample together if that helps.

Andrew

/
On 28/04/2016 1:53 AM, Steve the Fiddle wrote:

Hopefully someone on this list can give some accessibility tips for
these effects, but to start you off, there are two manual pages are
here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/crossfade_tracks.html
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/crossfade_clips.html

Steve

On 27 April 2016 at 15:54, Mike Bernard <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Have any of you ever used the crossfade in and out features within the
affect menu in Audacity? They don’t appear to be dialog boxes, so I’m
assuming that their affect is immediate. For any of you who have ever used
these features, what exactly do these options do?

Mike

Rochester, NY.

Do you love classic rock? Would you like to shake your groove with 80s new
wave and 90s hiphop? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7
to 9 pm on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line