[audacity4blind] Re: coping with altered audio output

  • From: Justin Trevino <jtrevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:57:09 -0500

I've had a sighted friend helping me try to defeat beats audio.
We've managed to turn off everything but the noise cancellation.
I can make an analog loop and record from the speakers out to the line in, and that works properly.
It's when I try to use stereo mix that I hear the noise filtering.
I know this is an audacity forum, But I was hoping that someone besides me had tried sound leech. It still seems like a good way to capture the original audio if I can figure out how to navigate it.
On 4/16/2014 9:04 AM, Gene wrote:
Your sound card probably has some sort of sound manager with different
effects available.  I have no idea if it is accessible.  Either you or a
sighted person can probably turn off whatever effect you are hearing.

Do you see anything relevant in the System Tray?  My Realtek software
places an item named sound effect in the system tray.

Gene