[audacity4blind] Re: coping with altered audio output

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:53:38 +0100 (BST)

Hi Robbie,
I think you may be able to turn off any effects in the Sound dialog:
1. On the playback page, select the playback device, and press spacebar to open
its properties dialog.
2. On the Enhancements page of the properties dialog, check the disable all
sound effects check box.

David.

On Wednesday, 16 April 2014, 10:41, Robbie <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!
I would like to extend Justin's issue to altered audio output in general. I
too experience this problem on my Sony VAIO with Windows 8. Audio coming
through the speakers and headphones sounds as if minimal reverb has been
added. I say minimal, but of course it is blatantly obvious when streaming
radio stations, playing my music or just listening to JAWS. Everything
sounds like a Sun Records production. I don't know what is doing it, but it
gets on my nerves big time. I can't believe a manufacturer would dictate
which sound I should hear my favorite music in. I'm using an external sound
card for all media output, but when recording with Audacity I get the
slap-back sound dictated by the system. I would be extremely grateful if
anyone could let me know if and how this can be corrected.

Thanks and please excuse the rant.
Robbie