[audacity4blind] converting old cassette tapes

  • From: Josh k <joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:24:17 -0500

hi
I got a newer USB tape player on amazon. it has a 5 out of 5 rating and great customer reviews and great stereo souns, automatic side switching for the tapes. my questions are these. I am new to autdacity first of all and I use NVDA screen reader. so 1. some tapes were recorded with a 4-track tape recorder, how do I separate each stereo channel and make it its own mp3? some tapes like the old 2xl robot tape have two different things going on, like if you listen to it in your left ear you may hear a story while in your right ear you'll hear a voice asking questions and telling you to hit buttons on the robot toy. I want to separate each left and right channel into its own mp3. 2. some tapes are sped up. How do I slow them back down to normal speed? 3. and if it won't ruin quality and take too much time can I apply filters or get some tape hiss removal filters for audacity?
thanks

--
follow me on twitter @joshknnd1982 or facebook email joshknnd1982@xxxxxxxxx
will find facebook site