[audacity4blind] Re: changing mp3 bit rate on export?

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 04:30:07 -0600

the goal, to allow an audio file to be sent buy e-mail, is years, perhaps
a decade, behind the times.  With Drop Box and other ways of very easily
sharing larger files available, trying to cram a recording into an e-mail
attachment size limit is really anachronistic.  16kpbs sounds just plain
terrible.  I would not go below 32kbps for voice.  That's 32kbps monaural.
 I would not go below 128kbps for music, that's 128kbps stereo or joint
stereo.

Gene