[audacity4blind] Re: change pitch

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:34:09 +0930

Hi Brad,

I usually change the pitch with either the percent field or the semitones
field. Changing one of these automatically alters the other fields to match.
Eg. if I typed "6" into the semitones field, and then tabbed across to ok, then
the pitch would go up by six semitones. If I put "-5" in the field instead,
then it would go down by five semitones. The same goes with percentages. A
positive value will mean the pitch will go up, while a negative value will mean
the pitch will go down. I usually stick to semitones, though, as it's harder to
control the shift in pitch with percentage alone, although of course you have
the preview button. You can check how one alteration affects the other fields
by tabbing back through them so you can understand the mechanics of the effect
better. :D

Hope this helps!

From: brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audacity4blind] change pitch
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:21:36 -0800
To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all, I encountered a problem today and I don't know if this has happened
before to anyone else.
I imported a track, played and selected a region using my left and right
bracket.Next I went to the effects menu and chose change pitch.It said that the
current note was a G and I asked it to change to a D, thinking that it would go
up, but it went down.
How do you specify for it to go up the scale and not down?
Thanks for any tips on this.
Brad Erhardtbrad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx